Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a high performance computer application that finds and removes malware, including rogue security software, adware and spyware. It removes even the most stubborn 2011 malware and we thought it useful to have another fresh Malwarebytes Anti-Malware review and see what is new.
It is still available in a free version, which scans for and removes malware when started manually, and a paid version, which provides scheduled scans, real-time protection and a flash memory scanner. It is extremely Easy to download and use.
Installation process is very fast and simple. It is a very good program and is great for fast scanning for wide detection of threats.
Malwarebytes is a great freeware antimalware tool, yet it is not a replacement for an antivirus. It will not remove viruses, only malware. It is designed to complement your existing antivirus, and while there might be some overlapping functionality, it can remove a wide number of malware or spyware threats. This program is the perfect defense against any malware or spyware threats to your PC, a sound alternative to free products like SpyBot Search&Destroy.
In our Malwarebytes Anti-malware review 2011, we found it is easy to use and the interface is friendly, making it simple even for first time users. It is pleasant-looking and well-organized, showing slight aesthetic improvements from the ’09-’10 previous versions.
Its inbuilt protection system monitors and blocks malicious processes before they even start. It can detect and thoroughly remove even the most advanced malware and spyware that even the most well-known anti-Virus and anti-malware applications on the market today cannot.
In our Malwarebytes Anti-Malware review 2011, we found it updates quickly, has great detection capability and can eliminate malicious registry keys, files and memory objects on a single pass and with minimal user intervention.
OS requirements for Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware:
- Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Specifications 2011
What ‘s Hot
- Scheduling has been simplified, including relocation of scheduler
- Website Blocking is now disabled when protection is turned off
- Light speed quick scanning
- Database updates released at least once every two days
- Updating is now much more efficient
- Logs are sorted by date automatically
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience
- All HKCU settings can now be set in HKLM to override user settings
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually
- Command line support for quick scanning
- Protection module now more efficient in terms of I/O read bytes
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware performance
- Multi-lingual support – It is available in Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities
- Ability to perform full multiple drive scanning including networked drives
- FileAssassin option under the More Tools section for removing locked files
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand
- 14-day trial of the PRO version is now available. This is optional to all users
Awards and recognition
- Seth Rosenblatt, CNET Editor, awarded this product 4 stars out of five
- Software informer has awarded this product as the most downloaded antimalware program (downloaded by 2984 users)
- Software informer has awarded this product the Editor’s pick and user’s choice awards
- Softonic has rated this product as good, giving it a very respectable 3.5 stars out of 5
- PCmag.com has rated this product as good
- Tucows.com has awarded this product 4 cows out of five
- SOFT32.com rated this product as very good and has awarded this product 4 stars out of five in the editors review
- Softoxi.com has awarded this product 5 stars out of five
- Place 77 has validated that Malwarebytes antimalware is clean and safe to install
Overall our Malwarebytes Anti-Malware review 2011 found once again a solid application both in its Free and Paid versions. Malwarebytes offers a volume licensing deal as well, showing clearly their appetite for acquiring Enterprise and Edu business.
If you’re planning to review it yourself, don’t hesitate to send us your opinion or leave a comment. And if you’re going after the full featured paid version, please visit our Malwarebytes Anti-Malware coupon code page and avail of the 20% off or better Malwarebytes coupon codes listed there – some by us, and some contributed by our users (scroll down to latest comments).